I won’t kid around with you, I hadn’t always thought this way. As a child until I was a young adult. I’d always put the undies on without washing them. My philosophy then,” if they are new; they’re clean.” Well that’s partially true. New undies should be washed before you wear them. It isn’t always about them being new. They should be clean, they are new. Right? Let’s take this a step further.
Here are reasons why you should wash your new undies before you wear them:
- Women try on underwear before they purchase them
- The dyes can transfer to your skin ( Especially dark or bright)
- Formaldehyde is found in fabrics
- So many people have touched them with their bare hands ( The factory workers…ect.)
- The paper liner may not be fresh
- Menstrual blood may be present
- Chemicals used to make the undies ( There are 8,000 chemicals used)
- Germs can live on cotton from a few minutes to 6 months
- Cotton is sprayed with pesticides
- Coated with fire retardants for transport
Have you ever gone shopping and felt sick a few days afterwards? It can come from a women with staphylococcus ( Stomach flu) , which can hang around in a persons body a few days after vomiting and diarrhea is over. For instance the woman feels better and now she’s gone shopping. Guess what! She tried on the undies that you ended up buying.
I hope I made you think the next time you decide to wear, before you wash. It’s certainly changed me.