Have you ever thought about how much you really abuse your heels? A nice pair of heels cost at least ( average) $50.00 and you don’t give much thought about how to prolong the look and life of the shoe. This is all about taking pride in yourself from head to toe. Let’s start from the bottom and work our way up. Shoes are the most neglected part of a man and woman’s wardrobe. Today the focus is a woman’s pair of ( patent leather) heels. They are the finished look to any outfit.
Where do you store your heels? They should be neatly in a box, on a shelf or placed in a single file on the closet floor neatly. The way you care about them will prevent purchasing the same shoe over and over. Especially if it’s a basic patent leather heel. Normally patent leather isn’t worn often. Therefore, when you decide to wear them, they should always look polished. There shouldn’t be any deep scuffs, abrasions or damage to to the back of the heels. There isn’t anything worse than wearing beat up patent leather heels with a nice, beautiful dress. Don’t leave the house looking as if you’ve escaped a blind date and you had to take off running, (literally on foot) to get away from him.
How to prevent your heels from looking like to drove them crazy:
- Always store your shoes in a neat, clean area.
- Make sure one shoe doesn’t disturb the other while stored in a box; It creates scuff marks ( drives them nuts)
- When stepping onto a sidewalk or stairs, make sure the entire base of the shoe is completely away from the edge of the side walk. You’ll end up with a hideous dent in the back of the heel.
- Never drive in your heels. The right shoe will have abrasive marks from carpet burn. ( one cute shoe and one ugly shoe..eww)
- Never keep heels in the trunk laying on it’s sides with junk piled on top of the heels. They will lose their shape and luster.
- Make sure you aren’t kicking the toe of your heels against your desk at work. The material will peel off and age your shoes in the worse way.
- Never walk on heels of the shoe with the front of the shoe in mid air. This ruins the taps on the shoes. ( Now they make sounds like an old car)
- Don’t allow anyone to borrow your heels. Not only is this unsanitary , but everyone walks in their shoes differently . They’ll end up worn in the opposite direction in which you walk. ( Just let her keep them)
- Don’t take long walks in them. They aren’t for exercise. You’ll ruin the sole.
- Make sure your shoe is the right size. Wearing shoes that are too large or too small adds stress to the shoe. ( Not to mention your feet )
Have a pair of driving shoes in the car. The number one reason you drive your nice heel crazy, is because you burn them on the carpet.
Stop driving your shoes crazy! 🙂