A wedding gown is part of a brides love story. It’s much more than pieces of fabric. In society today with so many modern women, very few women carve out time to feel like a magical princess. However, there is the one time when she wears the wedding gown of her dreams.
I loved my gown so much, I planned the exact day it would be worn again right after my wedding. It was worn the following year, a month before my first anniversary. I was so anxious to do it. I called my photography mentor a few months after my wedding and booked the fun shoot.
Here are 10 things you could do with your wedding gown, post wedding:
- Have it cleaned and placed in a shadow box to hang on the wall
- Transform it into a regular dress
- Preserve it for your daughter
- Wear it for an anniversary portrait
- Donate it to a charity for breast cancer or a bride that can’t afford to buy a nice gown
- Sell it to a consignment shop such as, Le Dress Boutique, Discount Wedding and Evening Dresses
- You could trash your dress for awesome photos
- Become a bridal model and showcase your gown
- Rent it out for bridal marketing images
- Keep it and store it away from natural light This was such a fun first anniversary session!
Photo by: Moreland Photography